李察通訊 leecha.blogspot.hk

leecha.blogspot.hk

2007年11月3日星期六

why we enjoy reading so much

Dear Richard,

Thanks very very much for your reading so many books for me/us throughout these years. You have enlightened me/my study & learning of life a lot.

Your 3 essays 16, 17 & 18.10.2007 have described very accurately on why we need to read much and why we enjoy reading so much.
Thanks once again.

Earlier when your essays were about to stop publishing in Ming Po, I had emailed* to the columnist editor, raising objection against their decision of not publishing your essays further (* - I had also asked them to forward my email to you as to show my support and encouragement to you; but not sure whether they had done so).

Although we fellow long devoted readers of yours can still read your essays on-line herein, I must admit that, due to heavy work and busy home life daily, I cannot do the reading so often and so conveniently as reading newspaper everyday.

Besides, if your essays cannot appear in newspaper, there will be less chance of letting/getting more and more new readers (especially young people, including my two children, one at 19 studyng in U and the other at 14 studying S3) who may come across your essays unintentionally at the beginning but will then turn to realise the joy, benefits and value in continuing to read your essays daily throughout their grown-up and whole life, like what I have been doing and enjoying so far.

Once again, thank you for enlightening me through your essays in these many years (over 15 years?). Please be assured of my full support. & Hope that some day very soon your essays will be shown in Ming Po or else with convenient access by readers/public. God bless you.

Ivy

Dear Ivy,

Thank you so much for shareing with me your reading experience or else I will never know.

Yes, writing on a web is very different to a newspaper, though I enjoy it much much more as the communcation between us is stronger. And you are right: The new readers
are fewer then the newspaper. Any one opens a newspaper can come across our column
but in the ocean of the web, only those with a special purpose could reach the writer Leechard. What does this mean? It means 邊緣化 . Now that the small writer
Leechard are to step aside. Only the 主流人 could survive.

And luckily some of the readers are very enthusiastic, they keep sending out emails to their friends, or else, I will be lonely.

Thanks for your blessing, and may God bless you too.

Leechard

0 則留言:

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁