李察通訊 leecha.blogspot.hk

leecha.blogspot.hk

2007年8月29日星期三

About Love

Dear Mr Leechard
>
>I agree with you. Love is "the most excllent way" and amongst faith, hope
and love, "the greatest of these is love", so I was taught. If it takes
you all these years to realize, I need to talk to your Sunday School
teacher.
>
>I would like to share with you one of my very favourite scriptures, though
I much much prefer the Chinese version.
>
>I Corinthians Chapter 13
>
>And now I will show you the most excellent way.
>
>If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am
only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of
prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a
faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give
all I posses to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not
love, I gain nothing.
>
>Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is
not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres.
>
>Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where
there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will
pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when
perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked
like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. when I
became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor
reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in
part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fuly known.
>
>And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of
these is love.
>
>May the Lord be with you.
>
>But, Mr Leechard, do you mind if we also love those who have claimed
themselves to be the wet log, those who want to claim themselves, and those
who hesitate to claim themselves.
>
>Peggy - the unclassified log OR the nosy log

Dear Peggy,

I am just learning to love: I will learn to love my enemies, if
I have any, actually I have none so far. Of course I love logs, no matter
they are classified or not. Please dont worry.

Leechard

0 則留言:

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁